Thursday, July 20, 2017



I'm back!  Recently there have been many changes in my life that I was not able to talk about outside of my immediate family, but my therapist thinks it would be helpful to write down the details of these changes from my perspective.  Hopefully this will help me organize my thoughts and maybe sharing things may help others in my position. Those of you who know me personally are aware that in April my spouse begun transitioning publicly from Robert to Amanda. This was not a surprise to me, she had begun transitioning in private a year ago or so.  This journey has sometimes been difficult but has been equally rewarding. Having my partner change completely is something I never expected, but we are adapting.  My father tells me a lot that he doesn't understand and that he feels like he is losing the part of his family that he once considered 'Perfect'.  I'm not giving up on my Dad, I will help him understand eventually.  In the meantime, from my side I never completely enjoyed life as a perfect family, there is a lot of pressure when you are perfect.   I really do hate the word PERFECT, makes me feel like one step in any direction will lead to failure.  I do love going on an adventure and this does feel like the ultimate adventure.  We are meeting new people and experiencing things I never thought we would.  Although there have been low moments, the high moments bring real tears to my life and I actually feel like I am living. 

Here's a picture of Cate and Amanda walking in the Pride parade in NYC. They stood in the street on Madison Ave:



Our kids are doing great & watching them adjust has been heartwarming to say the very least. Turns out I helped raise the kindest, most loving girls & I am just amazed by them each day.  Below I've posted my recent manicures, head over to my IG (@polishedjenn) for full descriptions. Feel free to ask me questions. Jenn ❤️




My Chihuahua Bits! from OPI

To The Mouse House We Go by OPI

Mrs. Robinson by Color Club

Lucid La La Land by SuperChic Lacquer

Halcyon by Cirque Colors


Posh by Revlon with Stassi by Zoya over the top 


No comments:

Post a Comment