Thursday, June 2, 2016

From the untried pile...

Recently I went through my entire collection and cataloged every polish in it using swatch sticks.  This is when I realized that I have quite a few more than 20 polishes in my untried polish stash.  It is actually closer to 60 polishes, she says rather sheepishly...   

So with that omission I have decided that I am going to make an effort to wear those untried polishes ASAP. 

Here is my most recent manicure, it is the one that I am still wearing as I type this post.  It is such a unique blue color from China Glaze named Splish Splash.  It is actually from the 2012 Summer Neon Collection and although I wouldn't call it a neon it is very bright.  It totally reminds me of a pool in the heat of summer time.  I am really enjoying a summer time blue that isn't pastel.  I added a topcoat because it did dry to a matte finish (see swatch stick picture below) and I also hate waiting for polish to dry without it.  I added Mermaid Tale from Orly to my right finger for an accent nail which means I can cross two polishes off my untried list!!! 

 
Splish Splash (China Glaze)/Mermaid Tale (Orly); this is in full sun

Splish Splash (China Glaze)/Mermaid Tale (Orly); this is in shade



I'm on my second day with this polish on and it's still looking perfect, China Glaze can be hit or miss for me so this is definitely promising.  I'll update if I have any issues with staining, etc. 

Hope everyone is having a good week!  It's almost Friday :)

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment